Tuesday, September 10, 2002

Is Internet Worth it?

I used to think that internet was a huge part of my life.. and yet during the past month that i didn't have a constant internet connection i dealt with it and life went on. I did have urges to check e-mail and what not - but i realized that there wasn't much that i did when i was online other than checking e-mail and doing useless things.

So the question comes to mind, is $50/month worth going on the internet? Maybe my mind will change once i get my DSL, but i actually don't even miss chatting online anymore. Maybe because i have a real life to worry about and not hide behind a computer screen.

I'm at the PC Lab at school at the moment, and it's pretty coo here, comfortable chair - fast computer - fast connection - and the whole building is air conditioned. I'm sure i'll be hanging around here more often.

What did i do yesterday.. hmm.. i did my laundry all by myself for the first time - and i'm proud to say that i didn't do a bad job. The clothes came out in one piece so i'm pretty proud of myself.
I paid my phone bill, and called Cingular to change my phone number. They also charged me $20 for a phone upgrade. The sucky thing about that is, i lost my phone, so the guy at the store told me i could get a new free phone if I signed a 2 year contract with them again (my old contract was over).. so i'm like.. okay. So i thought taht was the end of everything, but Noooo.. cingular has to charge me $20 bucks for upgrading my phone!.. Can we all say SCAM! RIP OFF! FALSE ADVERTIZEMENT! LYING TO THE CUSTOMER! I should have that guy at the Cingular store fired.. what an asshole. Trying to get his commission by lying to me. The only thing the lady on the phoen could say was, "i'm sorry sir".. i'm like.. i know it's not your fault, but your company are a bunch of pricks.

After all that - i had to go to work and came back around 10pm. Called Pae, met him and Christina at Go go juice and talked for an hour. Then i went across the street to Blockbuster and rented, Harry Potter, and that other movie with Meg Ryan and the guy from 18th Century?.. i guess i'll watch those today.
It was nice seeing Christina again, she's the type of person that needs to grow on you. When i first met her, i didn't think much of it - and thought of it as just a friend's friend, but now i get the urge of being a really good friend. I also think she's getting used to my sarcastic jokes, cuz she doesn't take them so seriously anymore (good!).

She also showed me a picture of her with her bf, when she had long hair - and DAMN.. she looked like a movie star. I must admit, that she does look a lot better now than she did 2 years ago. I used to think she had a resemblance of Chow Yun Fat in one of her studio pictures.. but i'm re-thinking that comment. Maybe i'll take a picture of her sometime and post it for a few hours here.
She has a bf though, so no dirty thoughts!.. hmm well i know Bob would say, "Doesn't mean you can't score just cuz there's a goalie".. haha.
For some odd reason though, last night at Gogo Juice, i was interestingly attracted to Christina.. i liked the way she dressed and acted.. and her hair was cute nevertheless. I wonder what she thinks of me......

Today, i woke up at 8:30am cuz of a phone call from my Uncle who lives in Glendale towards the Valley. He was complaining how i didnt' call him after i moved, but i didn't have his number. Come to think of it - i still dont' have his number!.. doh. He wanted to each dinner with me sometime.. so now it's 3 people who i need to make plans with soon.. Dang, i don't wanna drive 2 hours up there though!

I fell back asleep after the phone call and woke up again around 9:45am.. and realized i was going to find no parking at school. Evidently, when i got to school - there seriously wasn't any parking. So i had to park in the residential street which has a 2 hour parking limit. So after my first class, i had to run to my car, re-park it and then go back to class. THis took about 30 minutes.. that's 30 minutes of WALKING and RUNNING! Obviously i was like to my second class and the teacher wasn't very pleased.

It's kinda weird today, because i saw more than 2 cute girls at school.. haven't seen so many in one day here. I also saw Mikey from Turbo in LA the other day.. and that guy has a HUGE head. I mean.. it's HUGE.. the size of a watermelon! Not very good looking eather.. now i know why he always wears a hat/sunglasses. AND why he got dumped by Kim Jon Gook.

Damn.. i'm running out of time, i gotta go to my car, because my 2 hours is almost up again. I'll write more later.. this PC room will probably be my 3rd home.

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment