Sunday, September 08, 2002

Cal State Long Beach

Hmm.. where to start.

I'm currently at a PC bang checking e-mail (i haven't checked in 4 days now), and updating this blog because i know so many ppl read it. Yah rite. I actually do this for myself, since you never know if your going to get amnesia and not remember about your past life. If that ever happens, i'll have something to read about and know more about how i lived my life in the past.

My DSL is still not here yet, i have been having a few problems with Verizon DSL because of my new phone line.

1. They can't test the phone line's compatability with DSL until it's been working for 5 business days - so that took a week.
2. It takes 5 business days for them to ship the modem.

So overall, it's going to take another freakin week to get myself on the internet from home. It's been about 2.1 weeks since i've been waiting.. i hate this game.

I'm at the PC bang, inside the "quiet room" but it's all a lie, because there are these rude ppl who keep talking on the cell phone. Shoot, i should freakin sing really loud and out voice them. HAHA (evil smile).

I got this new gel from a salon because "American Crew" gel hasn't been working as good these days. After testing out the gel that Pae has been using (Paul Mitchel sculpting gel) i just totally digged it. I can do so many things with my hair now. It also has a cool little pump so i can't have to open the lid everytime anymore.

I found a few roaches in my apartment when i first moved in, so i set little poisoned baits for them. I am pretty paranoid about bugs, like spiders, silverfish and roaches - i guess you can call it a phobia. For a while though, they were my only friends in the house, and in a way they helped me settle into my new studio. I actually wasn't sure what kind of roaches they were because at first i was told they were silver-fish; so i went on the net and found everything i could about silverfish.. but i was still skeptical about that because the insects weren't silver. bleh. So after a few hours of more research, i found out they were German Roaches. The hardest freakin house pests to kill from what i heard. But not too many worries anymore because i have so many tools to kill these little monsters..
The baits i setup for them should work pretty good, because roaches aren't like ants and they don't share food, they just eat them - go back home and die. And after they die, other roaches eat the dead ones - so in turn, they eat the poisoned roach and they die too.. and causes a domino effect. I haven't seen any roaches in my place for about a week now.. sweet! Knock on wood though..

Actually, they haven't bothered me too much because they only hang around the bathroom and near the sink.. they don't go near the bed, or even come out anymore (if they even exist) cuz they are scared of how i will torture them.

I have been at this PC bang for an hour now.. it's funny how time flies when you got so much to do.

Oh yes.. my cell phone bill came, and apparently i had to pay a One time fee of $20.. err.. WTF! It doesn't say what it's for.. and they didn't even tell me about it. Now i have to call 611 this Monday to clarify what the charge was for. But this is life huh? I will also be changing my number to a (562) area code on Monday.. so for the ppl who i have on my address book, i'll call you and let you know about my number change.

Oh yes, i just want to remind myself that if anyone asks me for a quote i will tell them.

"Life isn't complicated (hard), it's the people who make it complicated (hard)"

The quote itself sounds pretty simple, but it's pretty steep if you think about it for a while. If you were the only one alive right now, i'm pretty freakin sure life would be simple because you know nothing better.. you just live on as you please and do whatever you want. PG&E, Phone company, cell phone company, the government, school, family, and sometimes friends is what makes our lives so complex and unique and at the same time gives us stress.

Work has been a little tough.. i got my paycheck yesterday and it wasn't much because they aren't giving me enough hours. However, it's nice to know that the Cerritos BR was able to match my pay rate from Valley Fair.. wooho. This week starting on 9/8 i was only scheduled for 5 hours.. wth! I'm seriously considering a second job at the moment. From what i'm estimating right now, my monthly living expenses will be +/- $1000 including rent/gas/food etc. I would like to ask my parents for help, but they are pretty low on they cash flow because they just bought a house and the morgage sucks. I guess this is what i get for trying to live on my own.

I miss my sister, and pusha. I don't miss my father as much though.. probably because we were never that close. I rarely ever talk to him since i'm usually in my room, and his in his room, and i always ate outside. He doesn't talk to me much either.. i guess he doesn't like to lecture me like my mom. I still admire and respect him though, his one incredible man. As for my mom, i have been having mix emotions about it. I sorta miss her.. but at the same time i don't. Kinda complicated because part of the reason i moved out was to help her let go of me from her grasp. She's a bit of a control freak, and likes to be the boss of everything, and when things don't go her way it's hard for her.
Whenever i didn't do something she tells me to do, it would just give her stress - and i never liked seeing my mother sad, yet i wanted to live my life as i wanted to. I was tired of her nagging at me, and was tired of just seeing her pissed off for the dumbest reasons. Now that i'm not there, hopefully she can stop seeing all the little mistakes that i make and worry about them.

I also just found out that my mom didn't go to church during college.. something i never knew.. my aunt told me my mom is over protective because she doesn't want me to make the same mistakes she did as she was growing up - but isn't that what we all hear from our peers? However, my personality tells me that i have to venture out into this wicked life myself and learn from my own mistakes. How would I ever know what is wrong/right until I occured them for myself? If your mom told you that eating straberries was bad, and you believed her and never tried it.. wouldn't you regret it later in life since you would never know how a straberry tasted like? Yet if the straberry was something that was going to kill you later in life, you would still regret it - hence it goes both ways.

I'd just rather know and die, rather than not knowing at all.


Bronx's Junkyard is semi-up right now, the forums are in the testing phase. I'm pretty happy that I have Jet as a friend, because his been taking care of the site while i don't have internet. If it wasn't for him, the site would probably still be down. Even though, I think his progress for the forums, and other things are a bit slow - it's good to know his working hard in his free time.

I went to Le Prive the other nite.. it was pretty wack. There were so many ppl there that i only had 3 shots of crown and some Hite. Dancing sober sucks.

I have been hanging out with Simon a bit since he came back from Argentina, and that foo just seems to suprise me everyday with something new. His a really coo guy, and seems to be so cool-headed in every situation. He likes being the center of attention though - which seems to work both ways for me.

Gosh, my mind is blank right now, i can't think of what i've done in the past week. This is so sad.. i wish i could blog everyday so i can freakin remember.
I did get a few new things for my studio. A place to push the dishes and utensils, bottles for Soy Sauce and Oil.. and a little table where i can eat.
OH yea, and Pae bought me a fan as a House warming gift - thanks to him, i can sleep at night.

They are having a little carnival in front of my apartment which seems to be really cool - but i have nobody to go with.. what a bummer. Pae and I were supposed to go tonite, but they closed around 10pm, and Pae arrived at my place around 9:45pm.. ugh. And i'm pretty sure the carnival will be leaving tomorrow.. maybe i'll get lucky and they won't leave! yea rite.

Wow, this blog is getting pretty long. I have been writing on it for the past 45 minutes.
OH wait.. i forgot about the biggest thing last week. SCHOOL!

I finally went to my classes at CSULB.. and everything is pretty exciting.

1. They have a Student Union Center which has an Arcade, Bowling, Billards, and a place to just sit and watch TV. Actually there are a lot more things to do in campus - with a beauty salon and a swimming pool, computer lab, music room, and tons of places to just sit back and chill. But i haven't done half of those things yet.

2. My classes are pretty dumb and boring. My first class, i have a dumb teacher who mumbles so much.. "uh uh uh".. "ah ah ah".. geez.. and his supposed to get his masters for speech and communications? Apparently his also the Assistant Head of the Forensics League at CSULB.. i bet our school sucks at Speech & Debate cuz of him.

My second class is a joke aswell. It's a History of Oral Interpersonal Communication - and we learn about how the greeks, romans, etc. communicated.
The teacher keeps going off about how they aren't speakers, rather artists. Geezz.. i'm sure his one of those fags who thinks life is beautiful. His lectures suck too - remember the guy for the Clear Eyes commercial? - Sounds EXACTLY like him. I can't deal with the mono tone voice. So many kiss asses in my class too - whenever he cracks a joke (when it's not even funny) ppl laugh. Me, being the idiot that i am, laugh along so that i can get an "A". HAHA.

3. Parking is a bitch. Seriously, i have to go to school around 10am just so that i can find a decent spot. THen i have to chill for an hour in campus until my class starts.
The first day of school, i was in the parking lot for about 25 minutes. ugh.


I haven't found a Gym i can go to yet.. and doubtfully will join any fitness clubs because of my financial situation. I'm surely going to loose all my muscles, and either get fat from eating too much ramen, or become a huge wimpy guy cuz i starve.
Unless.. i keep going to Grandma's House in LA, which is a restaurant open 24hr/day and serve Sul Lung Tang for just $2.99! and it comes with rice and other commodities.

Dang.. i'm getting pretty tired. I should go home and sleep. I guess i'll update the blog once more before my DSL comes in on the 12th. Until then..

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment