Tuesday, October 08, 2002

Judging HS Debate

Technically i'm posting this on Oct. 7th.. cuz i haven't gone to bed yet.. but i'm sure it'll be posted as Oct 8th. Oh well.

Oct 6th, i woke up at 7am and had to go to school to judge a High School speech and debate tournament. Man it brought back memories from my HS days of going to speech tournaments at Universities. I went to UCB once to do policy team debate.. it was a interesting experience. I always hated those super smart kids with 5 boxes full of evidence for each case - and i saw a bunch of those type of kids that day.
Funny how i used to kiss ass to the judges.. and now i had the ass that was being kissed. It's been a while since i've judged or participated in these events, so during my first Licoln Douglas debate - i kinda screwed up a little and didn't know what i was doing. But it got better as the day went by.

After - I had to study with my Lab partner for a class - then went home and met up with Pae. We watched the 49ers kick some St. Louis ass.. and i fell asleep. When i woke up - Pae was gone and 2 hours had gone by. We later met up at Tapioca Express and had some Boba before we went back home.

Oct 7th, i had to go to work at 5am - to do roll outs cuz BR was getting new shipment of clothes. So i only got 2 hours of sleep - and amazingly i woke up in time to go to work. Two things happened at work.

1. The new clothes are awesome - we got some new cargo and regular cotton dress pants that look really good. But it's $98.. even with my discount it'll be a hefty price to pay. I might hold off on those until i figure out my budget for this month.
2. I totally screwed up at the registers today .. i guess i was too tired to think straight. I got yelled at by my manager mildly.. nothing too bad - but i should sharpen up.

After work - i came home and watched the tube for a while.. then went to tapioca again and met up with Pae and a few of his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment