Tuesday, July 29, 2003

The Roach Killer

Today wasn't that happening. I went to work in the morning with a mild hang over from all the soju. I worked until 4pm - long day, then went to the jewelers to get my bracelet fixed cuz it was too long, and they quoted me 30 bucks! I'm like wtf.. that's how much the damn bracelet cost in the first place. So i went back to the place cuz the young girl that works there is pretty coo. I told her about the situation, and she hooked it up with a 8" band that was thicker and better looking for $10 more. Not bad from my point of view.

After that, i went home and chilled around on the internet for a while and tried to watch Cradle 2 the Grave that i had downloaded.. but when i played the movie it was something else! Damn Kazaa.. ppl renamed the file and was distributing it. I ended up downloading "Life or something like it" with Angelina Jolee.. so i watched it for the heck of it - and it wasn't that bad.. she comes out very pretty in that movie.

Soon after, the guy who's selling the AC's for cheap called me and i told him i really wanted it. So i ended up dishing $400 bucks for it - and i'm going to meet him tomorrow to pick it up. Damn.. it's a reality check right now.. i started thinking about how if i really needed a AC, if i could handle living w/o one. But then sometimes it gets really hot in my room and i stomp on that idea and figure it's a good investment cuz if it doesn't work out i could always sell it or something.. then i think the resell value wouldn't be as good.. and etc.

I went to my co-worker Nancy's pad for the first time today in S. LB and it was pretty chill. I like her place, it's nice a cozy. Nancy, Carlos and I drank some wine cuz that's all she had left - listened to some music and met her neighbors. Her neighbor wouldn't' stop talking.. geez.. we chatted in the front porch for a good hour. Everytime i looked for an opportunity of an awkward silence so i could say i was going home, he would quickly change subjects and start talking again. Ahhrrr.. finally his gf came home and he went back into the house, and i left around 2am.

There is something u guys should know about my pad is that i have killed pretty much all roaches in my house. These critters are afraid of me now. I occasionally see 1 every 8 weeks or so. But the ones that used to reside in my pad were German roaches which are small and easy to kill. The American roaches that are HUGE and VERY fast only live outside. Now stay with me here - as i was about to open my door i see this black thing moving very fast towards my door from the grass area, so i freak and jump. As i stared at the black thing, i noticed it was a huge roach - so i attempted to kill it but it was too fast. So as i'm trying to kick it and step on it, it creeped half way into my screen door that leads to my patio window. I was like *$# if he gets in there, that's going to suck. That's really going to suck cuz i wouldn't be able to sleep cuz i'd be searching for it all night long. BUt luckily, either it couldn't fit into the screen door, or it just wanted to go somewhere else, so it started running towards my neighbors door.. so i'm like coo.. stomp stomp.. but it turned around and ran back to my door! @#(O$U#!!

This time though, instead of creeping under my screen door, it went under my door screen which is a huge metal door. So i couldn't see it anymore and i opened the screen, and i saw it trying to crawl under my wooden door like a crazy roach. Thankfully - my wooden door is well sealed so bugs like it can't go in. After it's failed attempt, it started racing towards me so it could go into the grassy area and hide, so i started to jump and luckily i stepped on it. And it lay there dead. DOH! i forgot to step on it twice to make sure it was dead.. i kicked it to the street thought.. i should check. Okay.. it's dead.

Now what does this story have to do with anything. Well - it sucks because i bought myself the Amcor BTU10,000 Portable AC earlier tonight for 400 bucks.. and the portable AC's have a 5" hose that needs to vent out the hot air built from the compressor, so you need to leave either a window or door open for the hot air to exit. I thought about doing that by patio window, but damn! i can't have no roaches crawling up in my joint! ROAR.. so i'm having regrets and second thoughts right now. It sucks.

It also rained today - I saw a lot of thunder aswell.

I got a cold. One night it was just too damn hot, so i went into the pool at 7pm - and the water was warm, but it was chilly outside and i think that fux0red me up. I have a stuffed nose, and i'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment