Monday, July 28, 2003

DUI.. Almost..

It was one freaky night today. OMG! I think i have never been so scared in my entire life. I had a lil to drink - wasn't drunk and my buzz was going away - and i was just driving home when a Civic tried to race me. So being the idiot that i am, i dusted him and was traveling about 100mph on 110S chillin and weaving in and out of traffic. (Don't get me wrong, i wasn't faded or anything - i'm a really good driver) and as i was just driving, i see a car that sorta resembles a cop car.. and right as i get 1 car lengths behind it - i see the cop lights on top of the car - so i panic and pressed on the brakes really hard. By that time, i was right next to him going 65mph. I knew what he was gonna do, which was slow down so he can get behind me, so as he slowed down, i pulled into his lane and thought about just changing all the way into the slow lane until he turned on his lights to pull me over. By this point, i had given up and thought to myself, "I'm fucked.. might as well pull over and get it over with"

I thought - "If my Blood Alcohol level was over the limit, i'm going to jail tonight"
"I remember Esther told me if i put a penny in my mouth the copper would hide my alcohol breath"
"I'm going to get a DUI, i won't be able to drive.. imma be stuck in court with fines"
"I can't make it to work next day cuz i'm in Jail"
"Another one bites the dust"

All these thoughts came into my head as i was driving with the cop on my ass. He tailed me for about 1 mile - probably checking my license plate to make sure the car wasn't stolen or with any records. My heart was pounding and i was breathing very heavily while checking my speedometer every second to make sure i was going 65mph.
To my suprise, after a mile or so, the cop pulls to the left, and drives past me. I didn't think when he did that - i was confused as to why he didn't pull me over. And then, it sink'ed in that he was being a nice guy and let me go. I will learn from this stupid mistake and NEVER EVER EVER drive fast when i had something to drink. That's just stupid. I'm competent enough to drive with a lil alcohol in me, but the chance that i get a DUI is not worth it. And that is my point.

I'm not sure - maybe he didn't see me in his rear view mirror until i got next to him.
Maybe he had no way of pulling me over cuz i was driving in a straight line at 65mph and he had no way to prove that i was going that fast other than his words.
Either way, i'm a really lucky bastard tonight.. i almost died of a heart attack. Don't do it kids.. drinking and racing don't mix! If u think it aint gonna happen to you.. guess what - the odds aren't that great.


Before all this happened, i got to meet Sujie Ha, an ex-excite@home co-worker who i was pretty close with when working there. We had our cubicles right next to each other, and we took out a few of the panels so we would be cubicle buddies. We went to shik do rak and ate some good food - then went to Nandarang and got pretty wasted. Went to no rae bang to sober up and came home.

Before that - i woke up - went to work and came home. Haha.. i'm blogging backwards, this is interesting. That's it folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment