Friday, July 18, 2003

I Need an A/C

Aight.. Yong came up from SD.. so his staying here until Sat. Yesterday we chilled at my house for a while. Then Eric came over and I shaved his head. Then we went to Palm Tree to see David. Then we went to Karnac to drink a lil. Then we came home. Then we woke up the next day sweating from all the hotness. Then a guy came over to fix my bathroom wall cuz it was falling apart from the humidity in my house. Then we went swimming in my pool. Then I went to work and Yong went with Pae and Judy to eat and we met up later at Fifth Wave.. and we are now home.

Man, my house is hot. it's like a sauna up in this joint. I'm seriously considering:

1. Sunpentown Air Cooler SF608R - $109
2. WindChaser PAC8 Portable 9,000BCU Air Conditioner - $386used or $550new

The Sunpentown air cooler uses ice water to cool the air.

Pros: It's cheap, but it's just another fan. It won't cool an entire room, but just as a fan - it'll be cold if you go within the vicinity of the fan's direction. It's cheap.

Cons: It won't cool the entire room. Must have Ice to cool it down. It'll only be 12degrees colder than a fan.. in ambiant conditions.


Windchaser PAC8 is a portable AC unit that uses a small hose to vent all the hot air.

Pros: It's portable, so i don't have to install it which is not allowed my my apartments. Doesn't need me to empty out water that comes from decondensation. It'll cool down the entire room which would be really nice.

Cons: It's pricey.. 5 bills. It requires that u install some kind of venting hole in your window (not sure how i would do that).


So i have no idea what to get. At this pace of me making my decision - i don't think i'll get one this summer. I wanna try out the Air Cooler.. but i don't want to regret it later and think i should have spent the extra money and got the AC. I know there are a few of you who read this. SO PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT TELLING WHICH ONE I SHOULD GET.. OR YOU WOULD GET.

No comments:

Post a Comment