Friday, November 05, 2004

New computer complete

I finally just decided to install my new computer w/o waiting for the vid card. I'm currently using my old vid card from my old computer..

I had the worst time installing this thing because i forgot there were 2 power connectors for the new motherboards.. 12pin and a 4pin cables.. HAHA.. i thought i had gotten defective ram or CPU or motherboard from newegg.. but it was such a simple mistake i made. I was over confident.

after the heartache it caused cuz i was worried about returning, i installed my previous HD, copied all the files over, and installed my new OS.

Everything went smoothly and my computer runs at 28 idle and 30 operating and not sure about LOAD because i havent' had time to install DOOM yet.. While installing Windows XP the highest i saw it go was 42.. the Thermalright CPU heatsink sure helps a grip!

I ordered a 9800XT from ebay for 220.. muhaha.. very good price. I'm also going to return the 9800PRO and got a 7.5% discount on the restocking fee which is fine.

I should have the system all complete very soon, and i'll write a review with pictures of all the stuff i have in it. Computer looks pretty tite..

1 problem i'm having recently is that sometimes at POST boot, the motherboard doesn't detect the SATA HD's.. it's not configured in RAID.. so not sure what's going on. It detects it after i reset.. weird.. gotta troubleshoot.

Computer is running SO fast.. loving it. Jet said he could hook me up with an LCD.. not sure what price it would be though.. i can't afford more than 400..

No comments:

Post a Comment