Thursday, November 11, 2004

Be good to people while you can

Finished watching "Wind Fighter" korean movie. I couldn't help but relate the movie to the arcade game "Samurai Showdown".. some of the characters are a combination of that game and Street Fighter 2. Pretty nice fighting movie.

Lots of things going on in life right now.. so many things to worry about. I have 2 exams, 1 research paper and a few other itzy bitzy things at school that i must finish before next week. I will have to work on them this weekend.

Trying to go home this thanksgiving to see my new-to-be brother in law and give my mom my old computer and set it all up for her.

My cousin Romina was diagnosed with Stage 4 stomach cancer. :(
Kinda devastating because i grew up with her. Stage 4, for those of you who don't know is the last stage in cancer. It means it's spread to all the inner muscles and organs and chances of surviving for more than 5 years is less than 10-20%. She is only 21.. and I don't know what to do to make her feel better. I'm scared to go visit her because i don't want to upset her by getting all mooshy in front of her.
This incident made me think.. you should really be good to ppl while you still can. Cuz you never know when it'll be too late.

And why do things always happen at the same time? Romina's cancer is a horrible thing in my family.. but on the other side of the plane, my sister is getting married Dec. 22nd. I dunno why she is hurrying so much.. she's still young. It's not the end of the world if you put off for another 6 months. There is NO WAY you can know somebody after just 3 months. How can you possibly know if your compatible? And it's not so much of a perfect timing when Romina is so sick. If i was her, i'd postpone.

She also asked me to sing in her wedding.. originally i declined but now that i think about it - it's a once in a life time thing for her. The least i could do would be to grant her wishes. I'm looking for someone who plays the guitar to teach me a song.

On a good note, my computer is almost done, just waiting on the video card. I've been installing programs 1 by 1 as needed.. Newegg already paid me back for the vid card, and i shipped the other card to zipzoomfly and still waiting for a credit back. I paid the guy from eBay and waiting for him to ship. Once i get that card, my computer will be done.

I've also been loosing quite a bit of weight.. my old pants are fitting again. I may have to take my dress pants to a tailor to get them hemmed around the waste cuz it's a little too loose. Or i may just go exchange it cuz i only wore it once. It's $118 pants.. ugh.

I'm also thinking about moving as soon as school is over. Gotta get out of the ghetto to a decent place. But then i'd have to either change my employment or ask for more money. Also need to find a person willing to live with me. HAHA.

Welp that's the major stuff going on in my life right now.. doesn't give me much room to think about anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment