Friday, July 22, 2011

I want a bike!



I do this to myself every so often.. i tell myself that i will buy a bike. Then time passes and i never end up actually buying one.

I've had my motorcycle license since 1999 and rode friends bikes every so often. But i've never actually owned one. I was very close to buying one back in 2004. I had my eyes set on a yellow/black GSRX600 and even went to see it with cash on hand and a helmet. However, the bike was downed and had a bent frame which wasn't mentioned in the ad.

Soon after that failed attempt, other things came up in my life and bike took the back seat. I haven't looked back until i got back to Cali last year, but it still wasn't a priority. Today though, out of curiosity i decided to look up craigslist and how much GSXR'ers go for these days. The same models in 2004 were going for $5k - $7k. Currently you can buy one that's picture above for $3.5k.

Sooo tempting. Hhhhmmmmmm....

3 comments:

  1. GhettoDru4:51 PM

    I've been debating on getting a bike too. I was looking up Kawasaki Ninjas that would go for about $5k but then I'd have to get my license and all that fun jazz. Bah, I'm in the same position as you Bronx..except a couple of steps back. So TEMPTING indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAME HERE!!!!!! but maybe when i'm out of LA... LA is very dangerous to ride bikes. Crazy ass drivers out there man. People that just don't give a *bleep* about riders.

    cheap though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @GhettoDru: Stick with Suzuki. imo they are the best looking bikes.

    Suzuki GSXR
    Yamaha R1
    Honda CBR
    Kawazaki

    is how i'd rank them.

    Noa: you need to slow down in your car driving first before thinking about a bike :)

    ReplyDelete