Saturday, March 05, 2011

Movie Review: 127 Hours



I think imbd gave this movie a 8/10 rating. Just as my previous blog entry regarding The King's Speech, this movie was highly recommended.

The plot is about a man that is trapped in the canyons because his arm was wedged between rocks during a fall. He was trapped there for 127 hours, hence the title of the movie. I think everybody knows how he got out.. (he cut his arm off), it was all over the news.

The majority of the movie was exactly as I imagined. A film based on a man stuck between two rocks. They tried to add some storyline by going into his past, his love life, and his family. They failed in that regard, because i felt it was overdone.

The best part of the movie is when his free from the rock, and runs for help. But the movie ends soon afterwards. Was this even worth watching once? I honestly can't even answer that question. I watched it to satisfy my curiosity.. and i will certainly not watch it again.

Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment