Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Homemade Rigatoni

There's nothing more delicious and satisfying as homemade food.  If you make it right, it tastes better than commercialized food, and you feel good about having it made yourself.

One of my specialties is Pasta Rigatoni.  Unfortunately, i don't prepare the pasta sauce, but the simple ingredients make it fun and delicious.  If you are too lazy to cook it, i recommend the Rigatoni @ Cheese Cake Factory.




 I prefer using Rigatoni over traditional noodles, because you can eat them in a single bite, instead of having to cut them with your mouth.  Also the pasta sauce becomes entailed inside the cylinder for that extra bonus.

What you need:
  • 1 bottle of Ragu (Onion/Garlic/Tomato) can
  • 2 green peppers (Choose the ones with yellow stripes for more spice)
  • 1 small can of Spam
  • 1 box of Rigatoni
Instructions:
  1. Cut spam into little squares, and cook them until it has a nice crust
  2. Cut the green peppers and cook them with the spam slightly
  3. Mix in the pasta sauce and simmer it
  4. Cook the Rigatoni while you do the previous 3 steps
 Walah!  You are done, and ready to enjoy a simple homemade dinner.  This is only a simple idea, and there are ways to improve, such as using Italian sausage over Spam, and actually making your own pasta sauce.  Hopefully this is somewhere to start.  Bon Appetite!

3 comments:

  1. Chef78311:27 AM

    Ohh man, I thought you made the pasta dough from scratch!! Haha, when school starts up again, I'll start posting the fresh pasta and sauces that I make, it's something I've been wanting to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. silverflower1:24 PM

    ....

    I was pretty impressed despite the pre-made pasta sauce because of the green peppers. Then I saw:

    "1 small can of Spam"

    I have no words to express my feelings. But I think my left eyebrow is stuck permanently in the up position.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:22 PM

    ughhh thought you made the dough from scratchhhh

    ReplyDelete