Sunday, September 26, 2004

Want a new computer

Washed my car today.. paid $3 to do it myself. Took about 8 minutes.. haha.. fastest car wash ever. My car was dirty because like 2 weeks ago, there was a slight sprinkle in Long Beach.. and if it doesn't rain.. and just sprinkles.. the dust gets accumulated into the beads of water on your car and creates big dots of dirt. I was lazy to wash it for the longest time, until i saw MANY cars on the road today shining and shimmering.

I didn't bother drying the car because the place advertised that it had "dryless solution".. or sumthin in their water that drys the car by itself. The car is still wet in the garage right now.. and hopefully it won't create water streaks.. we'll see.

I paid my bills @ the post office and went to see nancy to buy her lunch. Got a few new things from Banana.. mostly on sale. Also had to get a pair of cuff links for my french cuff shirt. My other one i gave to Eric because i traded him for a pair of earrings.

I'm thinking about applying for a Visa card.. 0% APR until 6/2005 no annual charge.. and 15k limit. Really thinking about it.. cuz my current card has a APR of like 18% or sumthin ridiculous.
But if i get a new credit card.. i dunno if i'll be tempted to just do an impulse purchase of two thins i really want right now.

1. motorcycle
2. new computer

haha.. oh yeah.. i've been working on a new computer and doing a bunch of research for the best parts and finally came down to it with price checks on major sites. Imma list the stuff here for reference.

Cheapest place for parts right now is: MonarchComputer and they have good reseller ratings. I think it's free shipping on most parts, and there shouldn't be any tax because they are located in Atlanta.

Here is the beef part of the computer:

P4 550 3.4ghz LGA775 800FSB 1MB Lvl1 Cache
Asus P5AD2PR Premium 925X Motherboard
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum PCI 16x Express
Wester Digital WD740 Raptor 10,000 RPM SATA
Hitachi desktar 250 7.2k rpm SATA
Corsair 2x 240pin PC2-4200 DDR (2 gigs)
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS

Now for the skeleton and cooling options:

Koolance:
PC2-650BK Case with liquid cooling
CPU Cooler
LGA Spacer and adapter bracket
GPU Cooler
hard Drive cooler
2nd hard drive cooler adapter

Antec True550 500watt power supply
Antec 80x80 2.6k rpm fans

I deciding about these items:

Sony DRU710 +/- Dual layer DVD WRiter
SamSung 172X 17" LCD with 12ms seektime.

I will be transferring parts from my current computer:

Toshiba DVD Rom 32x
Sony 16x CDWR
3Com 10/100 Ethernet
New layer of Windows XP Pro SP2

Everything together comes out to a little over $3,000.. but w/o the monitor, it's about $2,500. Currently the most expensive parts is the video card and the RAM.. i'm expecting them to drop in price around december.. and that's probably when i'll buy my new computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment