Friday, September 03, 2004

New Phone: Inostream Inno55

6am.. played dota all night, and played around with my new phone.

Thanks for Pae coming with me to the phone store.. i sorta felt hurried as far as getting this new phone. But hopefully everything will work out. I have this weird gut feeling that something will go wrong.

I got the new InnoStream Inno55 Slide phone from Korea. It's a pretty sweet phone.. lots of nice features:

CONS: no bluetooth. The menu buttons are a bit stiff and SMS is a bit hard becaue the keypad is so stiff. The speed of browsing through menus seem a bit lagged as well. no car charger and in case the phone breaks, no warranty.

PROS: Great camera phone, and video recording. new slick design and small compact. can use mp3's for ring tones.

My Cingular Account billing cycle is on the 8th.. so it will end next week. From what i heard, i should be pro-rated for the rest of the month. From what i currently understand after calling a customer rep 2 days ago my Cingular 2 year contract ended in June.. so i'm month to month. Therefore, cancelling shouldn't cause any early termination fees. However, something that bugs me is that when i changed my calling plan in Feb 2004, the customer rep told me i was required to re-enter a new 2 year contract. So i got 2 different stories.. and will find out about what happened when the bill comes later this month. I hope i don't get jacked.

My new plan is very similar to what i had with Cingular except for a couple of things.

1. national plan: which means i can roam anywhere in the US and i can also make any LD call from anywhere. With Cingular I used to be in a Regional plan for California and Nevada
2. Free Night/Weekend minutes. Cingular i had only 5000 Nght/Wknd minutes
3. 5 cents per text message. Cingular i was paying $3 for 100 txt msg's.

The only downfall on switching plans would be the roll over minutes that i won't be getting. But i usually don't surpass 600 anytime minutes so it should be ok.

Took me an hour to enter all the new phonebook listings on my new Tmobile Sim Card. The cool thing i found today was taht i can keep the same phone number even while changing carriers. So my number is still the same.

The Inno55 is a korean phone so it came unlocked.. which is sweet cuz i can later sell it (if that time comes) to any GSM customer. I need to get a stubby antenna for this phone like what i had with the SamSung..

Oh yeah, there is another thing that's bugging me. On top of the phone screen it still says Cingular. WTF. Shouldn't it say T Mobile?? weird.. buggin the shit out of me.


Pae reminded me that this is the first phone i've bought since 2002 when i got the nokia 3390. Then i had all these hand-me-down phones. Pae gave me his 8290 that i used for quite a long time. Then he gave me his SamSung SGH105 that i used for another couple months. Then the phone screen blacked out so Mike hooked me up with a Nokia 8690 which i couldn't really use because i was so used to color phones. Seriously, once u get the privilege of using a nice phone u can't go back.. it's very hard.

So i ended up dishing out $99 bucks for the Inno55. $35 activation fee for Tmobile and that should be it.

IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL.. I SHOULD PAY MY LAST CINGULAR BILL THIS MONTH.. THEN JUST START PAYING TMOBILE.

I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE:

1. THERE IS NO CINGULAR EARLY TERMINATION CHARGE
2. CINGULAR DOESN'T KEEP BILLING ME AND CAUSE MY BLOOD PRESSURE TO GO UP
3. TMOBILE DONT MESS UP MY ACCOUNT AND OVERCHARGE ME
4. THE PHONE BREAK ON ME

Please pray for me so that i won't have to deal with stupid complications. The way my life has been going.. i'm sure something is bound to happen. Hopefully there won't be any instances that i call customer rep and cuss them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment