Monday, January 06, 2003

Copyright What?

Man, today hasn't been all that.

1. I was supposed to work at 10am, but i got a little sick and couldn't wake up. So my manager (the really bitchy one) calls me and asks me where i am, i tell her i'm really sick i couldn't go to work - and she bitches about how i was supposed to call her earlier about that so she could find other ppl to work for me. I know for sure this is gonna cause drama next time at work for me. Geezz.. that ruined my day. Partly my fault cuz i shoulda called - and considering that i'm a perfectionist - i don't like making mistakes.

2. This guy/girl IM's me today, and tells me to take down a few pictures of Boa that i have on my site, saying that it's his/hers. That's fine - but how was i supposed to know it was theirs? I asked for some proof and copyright infringement papers.. he/she avoided that question, so i just blocked him/her.

Shoot, for all i know, it's a good way to advertise their site since i never take off watermarks from other sites. I never imprinted that the wallpaper was my work, nor have i stated that on my site. I do however have my own watermark on the bottom right hand site - in order to discourage other ppl from using my bandwidth by linking directly off my site.

And what about the picture he/she used to make the wallpaper? Isn't that a private photo taken by a professional? I don't see any credit towards them.. it's not their photograph.

Overall, i don't see the problem with this whole deal.. but it was a waste of my time and energy to argue about this to that person.

3. I feel a lazy bug - just don't feel like doing anything today.. what a CRAPPY DAY. 2002 wasn't my year, not sure what 2003 will bring, but this isn't a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment