Saturday, January 04, 2003

18 Hours of Driving

Just haven't felt like blogging lately.. must be a sudden mood change that i want to write something today. Yet there are so many things that happened since the last time i blogged that i'm not exactly sure where to start. Nor do i think i can remember everything to write down.

I went back home for xmas and went snowboarding at Lake Tahoe with my sister and some friends. I got to see my family, a few friends and my doggie PUSHA!~ You can see some pics of them here:

http://www.pbase.com/bronx99/021224

I also got my intake installed with Justin which was really coo.. it didn't take as long as i thought and it was quite simple. Now i have a nice VROOM! sound on my car.. haha. I know i lost some torque and low end, but i can feel it pull more at higher RPM's.. so that's coo. I also met up with Kevin, one of my few white friends and played some pool at California Billards if any of you know where that is. I went back to his place and fixed his network and came home pretty late.

During the 4 days i stayed in the Bay Area, i drove 5 hours there, 4 hours to Tahoe, 4 hours back, and 5 hours back to Long Beach. 18 hours wasn't my plan - but oh well.. it wasn't too bad. At least i got to rest for the most part.

Since i've been back .. i've just been working and chillin with friends. For new years, i went to Pae's new house and got to drink many different types of drinks cuz Pae and Mike both went to Bartending school. I was pretty impressed of how well they mixed everything - me and Yong were thinking we should take a class too.
I think i need an alcohol collection at my house now.. it looks dope and a great time passer when friends come over.

Well - a new year is here - and i have to send in my FAFSA very soon.. dang i hope i don't get lazy like last year. Peter don't procastinate!

I also have a court date on the 16th.. i have to research for that. And i'm turning 22 next friday (Jan 10th). Should i be feeling old? Considering where i am in my life? Most of my friends are probably graduating later this year, and i'm stuck here. Even though i have a pretty good head start (since i worked at a corporate company since Jr. Year in HS and went thru school slowly) i feel as if i'm going to be one of those really old guys that graduate really late and have really young friends from school. I know a few ppl i hang out with who are 24 still going to school and hang out with us that are still 20-22..

So my mom calls me this morning and nags at me for 30 minutes over the phone. I moved 5 hours from her to avoid that - and i guess she figured she can do it over the phone.
After all the nagging, complaining, and a few word fights - she broke down and started to cry a little and told me how much she loved me. She's so confusing.. i don't think i will ever understand her. All these years, she never showed affection or tenderness towards me - and now she slowly does in her own little way. And at the same time, she loves to nag.. it just gives me so much stress. I hung up with her, and soon later i felt this huge burden of stress on my shoulders. bleh.

I brought back a few things from home:

My snowboard and boots so that i can go with friends from LA
New dress shoes cuz my other ones were falling apart.
2003 calendar
A few DVD's (Fast and the FUrious baby!)
My incline chair
Earphones..

Pae is talking about how his mom wants him to go to Korea and become a model/star.. i think he can do it - he showed me this one GQ picture of himself when i first came down - and it looked really good. The camera just seems to like him. Maybe if he gets famous i can meet Hyolee.. haha. Or better yet, i'll try to bribe his manager to make me a star too.. laugh.
His new place is pretty coo - i totall dig it - it's nice and comfy for 2 ppl. His parents moved back to Korea to live with his grandparents, so it's just him and his sister now. It feels a little burdensome to go over though.. his sister is actually pretty strict about things so it's always in the back of your head - and you have to think about what she will think before doing anything there.

OH Yeah.. Yong came over for like 5 days cuz his roommates parents were over at his place and it was bothersome. It was nice having someone home after i got back from work. We chilled for the most part, and actually didn't even go to LA this time around. He helped me a little when i was changing my oil.. and i actually can't remember much of what we did.

This is all i can think of since the last time i updated.
Today, i just woke up went to work - and just got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment