Sunday, September 08, 2013

Diet Tip #9

Work out your major muscle groups.

1. Chest
2. Legs (hamstring, quads, calfs)
3. Back
4. Arms

I had an incorrect view of this. Before I used to think that working out parts that I wanted to shrink meant that I shouldn't work them out. I wanted skinnier quads because I have soccer legs and cannot fit into skinny jeans if my life depended on it. But that is false. Working out the 4 major muscle groups is important because they will help you burn the highest amount of calories per day even if you aren't working out. Particularly legs. You pretty much use them everyday - and I believe other than your glutes - it's the largest single muscle group in the body. Having a strong muscular leg means you will burn that much more calories per day. I have been dismissing my quads too long - when I would have been training them the most.

This story all comes into a circle now. That's because I remember back in High School when I was training hard - I would do the stairmaster for 15 minutes every day. That thing really works your legs compared to regular treadmills. Looking back at that fact now, is probably the reason I was so successful then.

The commercials that try to sell ab machines.. completely BS. Doing 15 minutes of abs everyday will not help you loose weight. Abs are such a small piece of muscles in your body that it will not help. Curse at those infomercials next time you see it.

Squats, Dead Lifts, Bench Press, Pull Ups. Work those major groups. Stronger major muscles = more calories burned.

----

Additionally - I forgot to mention that my weekly shopping expense has significantly declined. Who knew eating healthier was also cheaper?! haha. If you go to Diet Tip #8, it will show a list of what i used to buy. Now my list is this:

Water $3
Eggs $2
Chicken Broth $1.50
Brown Rice $2
Chicken (8 pack) frozen $7

$15.50. That's half of what it used to be. Perfect.

When I read some of my older entries, my strategies seem to keep developing and evolving. Guess that's just part of life. Experiencing things first hand to see if it works or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment