Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bronx's Six Pack Challenge Week 2

Week 2

So the turbulence continues. The original week 1 was complicated by soreness. This past week I hurt the right side of my lower back. It felt like a pinched nerve - but it must have been just a pulled muscle because it feels better after 5 days. I hurt it on Tuesday of last week while doing some squats. How I hurt it is unknown. I only recall finishing my work out and laying on the couch watching TV. My muscles must have tensed up and my bad posture while lying on the couch probably did it.

I could barely walk, or get out of bed. If I dropped anything on the floor - that would have been the death of me. My roommate gave me some muscle relaxers and IB profine. I put an ice pack on my back every 20 minutes on/off to minimize the inflamation. After the 4th day it was getting better, and today I feel completely healed. I started right back on my work outs and the 5 days of extra rest must have helped me re-build a lot of muscle. The workout today would have killed me 3 weeks ago; but it was actually a breeze. I didn't have to cheat during any of the exercises and the rest times got shorter.

I do worry about missing those 3 days of workout from last week, but life goes on. I will just have to extend the program a bit from my original goal of 12 weeks.

Results so far. In terms of how i feel - i feel stronger and durable. I gained about 5 lbs. Probably muscle since I am generally working out my quads A LOT and my jeans still fit; which means my waist line didn't get any wider.

I'm just hoping I don't injure myself again - or something else comes up where I have to halt my work outs. Week 2 is done. 10 more weeks left. Fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment