Monday, October 24, 2011

App of the Day: Dropbox

Yeah.. get with the program Bronx. Dropbox has been around for a while, but i never felt the need for it until recently. Here's the story.

I get all my music from my phone using an app called Music Junk. It's a crazy app, it pretty much has every song imaginable. It's free, but you will need to download the app outside of the market. Anyways, i usually download maybe 1-2 songs every so often after listening to them on YouTube. But then, i get too lazy to actually hook up my phone to the computer using a USB cable - so i just e-mail the songs to myself using Gmail.

Lately, Gmail has been acting funny and not sending the e-mails. Could be because the file size is too big. So i got Dropbox. Using it is very simple. Upload a file from your phone using the Dropbox App. Then you can either fetch it via their website on your computer, or download their software. It also works vice versa if you need to send files to your phone.

Why didn't you use Dropbox before?

Like many others i was just naive. I had my own thoughts on how the service worked. In any case, it's a great little app that's perfect to save some files that you will need for multiple devices. The free 2GB storage doesn't hurt either.

3 comments:

  1. LACop8:07 AM

    Pete, I highly recommend WiFi File Explorer Pro... I got it on amazon app store when it was free... but I know there's a free version in the market. It will make your life way easier than using drop box. You transfer files back and forth wirelessly through your wifi connection. Works on wifi networks not just at your own home, but at friends houses too, so you can share things instantaneously. Only catch, you've gotta have a wireless router. Let me know how it works out for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LACop8:09 AM

    OH and forgot to mention, you're able to modify/delete/rename files and folders on your phone via the software/website. <-- you'll see what I mean when you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool beans. i'll check it out. thanks chong

    ReplyDelete