Sunday, August 21, 2011

Google Plus!

So who else is on Google Plus? I have 130 invites left over, so e-mail me if you want an invite.

If you want to add me here's my link:
Peter's Google Plus

I have been talking about G+ with a few friends, and I think it could surpass Facebook in the next 3 years. The main reason being Google's monopoly on the internet.

1. Gmail. One of the 3 most used e-mail systems in the world. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail.
2. Android. Contacts and calendar features on most Android smartphones use Google based apps that are linked directly online.
3. Picasa. One thing i hate doing right now is uploading my pics to Picasa.. then having to upload them again on Facebook. Google+ removes that hassle

I know that it's in beta, but there are certain elements that can be improved. Things that they did to make themselves stand apart from other social networking sites. Such as, "Circles".. wtf is that. Since the days of Friendster.. it was always "Friends". I'm still getting used to the whole "Circles" shananigans.

Status streaming, videos, pictures, need to be adjusted to properly flow with the rest of the page. Currently, there are multiple sizes for images that offset the whole status stream experience.

It seems like most people are just waiting for the sudden jump to G+ from Facebook. It doesn't seem like that's too far off, considering many bloggers have already predicted Facebook as the next MySpace. If i was Mark Z. i would cash out now and retire.

Kids these days follow trends.. actually not just kids. Most people follow trends, starting with clothes and accessories, to linguistics and social patterns. G+ might just be the next big thing. I admit i am still using Facebook primarily, but that's because G+ is still in beta. I have a hunch when it officially launches - it will do very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment