Thursday, April 28, 2011

Trip to Korea: Day 8

April 23 Sat.

Woke up around 10am, and headed over to a nearby mountain with my dad. The hike took about 3 hours up and down. It wasn't a very large mountain, but at the top, you could see all of Seoul. It was a pretty good experience. The only drawback was that i wore my converse.. i highly recommend wearing hiking shoes as the terrain is very uneven with many rocks. There were a bunch of other people hiking, and many came to have a small picnic which i thought was a great idea.














There are also these men at the top selling ice cream. Ice cream you can buy for $0.50 cents, is $1.50 up there. Talk about surcharge. I really wanted to eat ramen up there (they sell ramen, alcohol, boiled eggs, etc) - but didn't give in cuz we were going to eat some kal gook soo for lunch. My dad was bragging about how bomb the kal gook soo is at this one restaurant. I thought it was just okay.




Around 6pm, i met up a few friends and went to eat some Korean bacon. I'm not sure how to describe it, but the meat tastes different here. In a good way, it's a little greasier, but really good. We had a bunch of food between 7 people, and the total came out to $70. Not bad. After food, we decided to go play some ping pong. I actually did pretty well considering i haven't played in a few years. Next we went to BauHaus to go look at some clothes. Shopping at malls here is just ridiculous. Regular cross trainer Nike's go for $200. Most T-shirts go for $50. A korean-branded sweater was $120. RIP OFF.





I also need to show a picture of the Car Navigation units here in Korea.. it's a 6" screen with so much useful information. When will the US catch up?



Finished off the night by going to the public spa to sweat out all the grease and relax a bit. Tomorrow will be my last day here, a week here in Korea was plenty. I can't imagine being here longer.

----------

I was going to write a blog entry of my last day in Korea.. but there just wasn't that much going on. Korea was definitely an amazing experience, even though i was here by myself. If any of you are planning on going, following the places i went to should be plenty.

All in all, this trip was mainly to visit my parents and spend time with them. I think that goal was achieved successfully. I'll close out this series of blog entries with a few family photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment