Friday, September 02, 2005

Mom I Changed My Own Brake Pads

Just went and bought:

1. RayBestos front and rears ceramic pads
2. Prostop Autozone rotors
3. Brake Quiet spray
4. Brake cleaning spray

ok an update on how the install went.



Piece of freakin cake to do. 4 bolts in total and 2 screws. That's it. Everything else was just a breeze.

The only thing was - i accidentally unscrewed the brake hose - which is the same 14mm as the caliper nuts and ended up bleeding it and having air go into the system. I ended up having to flush out the brake fluid which i went to Midas to do since i had no time to do it and needed to drive home.

Cost me $99 for DOT3. Brake feels really good and tight. I noticed that the old pads still had about 3-4mm left in them. I believe the e-brake light stayed on because of the fluid level and not the pads. I still had another 10k on those pads.. if not more.

I still haven't done my rears.. but i plan to maybe when i'm doing my 90k maintenance. The rears still have a lot of pad left.


Man i'm reaching the 90k level.. (72k right now).. doing all the 90k stuff is gonna be $$$ cha ching $$$.. water pump, sparks, valves, timing belt, cams, seals, blah blah.. etc. NOOOOOOO

At least now i don't have to worry about hitting the car in front of me cuz of my brakes. The Raybestos are really quiet and smooth .. nice pads. Can't compare it with Hawks since i never had them.

No comments:

Post a Comment