Friday, June 27, 2003

Gladiator!

I just finished watching Gladiator for my second time. The first time was at the theaters when it first came out. I always knew it was one of my favorite movies after Braveheart - but i forgot why.. until i finished watching it just now.

It's a DAMN good movie!.. gosh it's so dramatic because of all the outcomes that could have happened. If the directors wanted, they could have made like a million different endings cuz the storyline is so unpredictable. The movie just makes you fall in love (not literally) with Maximus for the person that he is.

His friend general that betrays him during the beginning .. and takes command from the son of Ceasar.. damn i hate that guy. I think there should have been more dialogue between them two in the movie after he was betrayed. What kind of a friend is that? Asshole didn't even say he was sorry even though he knew he wasn't doing the right thing.

I think the story could have been better too - if Maximus did escape and brought his 5,000 soldiers back with him and slaughtered all those idiots who betrayed him. And what's with that bitch (daughter of Caesar) who told her brother everything and ruined the plan? She could have sent her son away or ran away.. but nooo.. she was too dumb.

And at the end - i was waiting for her to say "I'm sorry Maximus, but i had to do it to save my son" or something like that - but instead she just told him to die: "Go to them".. omg! i wanted to bitch slap her. I think that's what i wanted to get off my chest after watching this movie. I had so many thoughts while watching it i just had to write it down somewhere. I think i'll watch Braveheart tomorrow.. and Scarface - i heard that was good with Al Pacino.

My ranting may sound irrational cuz if the related events didn't happen, it wouldn't have been so melodramatic.. i know.. but i'm just being tru to mah self.

No comments:

Post a Comment