Thursday, June 26, 2003

New Tires

Hey guys.. i safely drove to America's Tires today and talked to the guys. He said he would price match Tirerack.com for $77 a piece but would charge me $100 to install.

I told him that diminishes the reason to price match - and he told me if anybody else came in to install tires he would charge them $100 bucks - so buying it from Tirerack doesn't necessarily mean u would get the better deal unless u knew somebody that would install it for free.

I checked around for tire specs and the Yokohama AVS ES100 which had better ratings than the Kumho's. They were the same price so i went for those. The tires look great.. they also feel a lot better than the stock bridgestones. The road noise on the freeway got a lot quieter in my mind.. but who knows. I got them for $430 total with tax and everything.. kinda pricey.. but i was in a rush to get tires.

Thanks everyone for your input. I miss u guys - hopefully i'll see u guys next time i'm up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment