Sunday, August 19, 2012

Motorola Droid X dying..


Time for a new phone! Last year, i dropped my phone. It happened in slow motion as I could picture my facial expression as the phone was being pulled towards the rocky asphalt by gravity. My foot reacted in time and blocked the phone from hitting the ground directly, but it bounced off and landed screen first a few feet away.

I thought to myself that i had saved the worst of it, but actually the screen had a complete crack across the lower portion. It's like those hairline cracks you see on car windshields. I was upset, but i could live with it, it didn't break the phone, and was just aesthetics.

About a month ago, I dropped it again, onto a tile floor, maybe 3 feet from the ground. Now it has a very noticeable black line running across the same area that cracked. My guess is that the screen inside the glass is now broke. The phone still works, but it feels like it's going to die any minute now.

I've been able to do my new every 2 upgrade since April but have just been holding off. Now that the iPhone 5 is likely around the corner, i just need to wait another month. Don't die on me PHONE!

1 comment:

  1. I just cracked the screen on my phone too. I'm debating whether to just live with it, get a new phone, or see if I can get it repaired.

    I'm kind of glad I didn't get the insurance though. With the deductible, the amount I would have paid in insurance over the months, I think it would have cost more than buying a new one.

    ReplyDelete