Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cheap and Quick Way to Cable Organize

I bet the majority of the people here have desks with cables running behind their desk like this:



I even tied it with some zip ties, and it still looked horrible. After a few years, I got tired of it. Got myself two little items from Staples that cost no more than $10 total.



Velco wraps, and large binder clips. You use them to hold down the wires along side the top edges of your desk like this:



The final result?



All of the power cables, and router/speaker cables should run along together, and velcro'd together. Hopefully you have a 12 plug fused power outlet as well.

I've seen people do some crazy stuff, like use rain gutters, iKea baskets, and screwing binder clips under the desk - and i think that's going a little overboard. Clean desk is a clean desk.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to clip them on the end of tables and run the cables through the silver parts of the clips.

    ReplyDelete