Friday, April 09, 2010

Lexus GS 430! 0-60 in 5.3 sec.

Got a car today.  I'm finally mobile again.  Now i can go do errands while Pae is at work.  Got so many things to do..  Big thanks to Pae for taking the day off to give me a ride to North Hollywood.  For some reason there was massive traffic on the i-5 North bound and it took us 2 hours to get there.

List of cars i drove since getting a license.

1. 1989 Mazda pickup truck
2. 1995 Toyota Previa
3. 1997 Honda Accord DX
4. 2000 Honda Prelude
5. 2001 Lexus GS 430

This is my first silver car, and so far loving it.  The engine is silky smooth and the tranny is like butter.  The car drives solid, and i will soon have to take it to a mechanic to see what kind of major tune ups it needs.  Likely:

1. Spark plugs
2. Timing belt
3. Water pump

There are also a few problems.  Missing a foglight, front bumper needs to be repainted, interior wood panels need to be taken out, and the door locks are acting funny.  Tomorrow Pae and I will head over to Autozone and pick up cleaning products and some other things to clean the car and fix up a few things.  I'll post pics once i finish wash/polish/wash/clay/wash/wax.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:40 PM

    I have an Audi A6 2.7T, 0-62mph is rated at 6.8 seconds. I raced my friend, who has an '06 GS 430, we were dead even 10-120.. I wonder where you got 5.3 seconds from? Nice car though, I like Lexus.

    ReplyDelete