Monday, April 07, 2008

Having No Internet Sucks!

So.. as i write this i have no internet connection. I'm writing this on notepad so that i can copy/paste when i have an actual internet connection. I was being shady and leeching bandwith from not-protected wireless connections around my complex, but they may have caught me and closed all their modems cuz i don't see them on the wireless list. Bleh.. so now i have to wait until like Wednesday when the cable guy comes to install the cable internet.


Cable is going to be $29.99/month for the first year.. exciting huh? Then once i get my LCD HDTV (most likely a 42" toshiba 1080p or 720p) for like $800-$1000 i will think about getting basic cable for $15/month. Once i finish building my HTPC (Home Theather PC) i may not need cable.. i never watched it much at Long Beach nor at home so.. Plus i'd probably downloading all the shows i want to watch and stream most of my stuff off the HTPC sooo.. yeah.

I still have $150 gift card from Dell.. and it expires this December.. i gotta figure out what i want to buy soon. With the HTPC i will probably use my wireless mouse/kb on that - and will probably need a replacement kb/mouse.

Wish List:
• Notebook cooling stand
• Wireless headphones
• Wireless cable modem
• Printer that comes with a usb cable (why do printers these days NOT include usb cables? so stupid)
• Extra USB slots
• HTPC case (i dont' get how these cases cost like $200+)

I will need to sell my Kenwood DNX7100 from NY since it didn't sell when i was in Santa Clara. I also have a pair of oxygen sensors and copper spark plugs that i need to get rid of. The oxygen sensors were like $40 each so i hope i can sell it.

Other than me being particularly happy that i've finished furnishing my pad and being content with the neighborhood - i've been spending a lot of money lately and i kinda lost track ROFL. I usually calculate everything and budget myself but i kinda went all out this time. I remember back in Long Beach, the only thing i really bought was 1 desk at iKEA for $60, and a queen bed for $135 at a local shop. Later on came a microwave for $40 and refridgerator for $200. Total spent for furnishing was $450. LOL

Let's see.. since i've come here. I went out to buy a bunch of little things, like:

Dishwasher soap
dishwashing pads
kitchen towels
paper towel
toilet paper
shower curtains
trash can
shampoo
hand soap
cleaning stuff like Swifter and Clorox..
trash bags
kitchen gloves

All of this was like $100+

Then the big stuff:

Futon: $249
Futon pillows: $75
Bed frame: $220
Matress: $140
Sheet, Comforter, Cover, Pillows: $100
Chair: $40
Desk: $40
Coffee Table x2: $60
Rugs, dishes, utensils, pans/pots: $40
Clock: $1 <--- hahaha probably the best purchase of my life
Bedside nightstand $50

These are rough estimates.. it comes close to $1,000.. aarrgg!! Then there was a $120 next day shipping.

Now i'm like poor.. I gotta balance my checkbook again.. rawr!

On a bad note, someone took ahold of my AIM password so bronx08 Sn is no longer used by me. Some idiot logged on as me, and started asking all my co-workers for sensitive passwords and shit. If you get a message from bronx08 ignore it.

Oh yeah i spent $81 on a month unlimited train pass. I have to ride the train at least 40 times to make up for the price. I can do that easily by taking the train twice each day to and from work. I might switch it up next month and try other plans. I hope this is tax deductible.

I still have to change all my addresses for a bunch of places. I should get that done soon.

Well.. that is the story of my first weekend after my permanent move to New York. I know i've been putting off blogging but i wil probably post more for this chapter of my life. More pictures too! woot. This way i can look back 2 years from now and enjoy these memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment