Friday, December 03, 2010

Dang.. You're Old!

I recently saw a friend that I haven't seen in about 8 years. She's married and has 2 kids.. and the first thing that crossed my mind was, "Daaanng.. she's gotten so old!". Only to come to the realization that she's only 3 years older than me. Yes, she did get older.. but so did I.

Living the bachelor life, sometimes gets you into thinking that time has frozen and others around you get old. Yet, time doesn't discriminate. You are getting just as old as anybody else. It's just an illusion.

I notice this the most when playing sports. I remember 10 years ago, i could go day in and out playing football and basketball. I would have no sores or aches. But now, i seem to get hurt more often. I finally understand how the elderly feel when getting out of bed and their whole body aches in pain.

The best thing to do is to regularly exercise and keep healthy. From 2004 to 2009, i didn't work out at all. I've been making up for all of it these past 6 months, but it feels like i have another 6 months before i get back in full stride.

1 comment: