Monday, November 08, 2010

Trip to Milwaukee WI

For the first time in the US i was reminded that i am part of the minority.  During my entire stay in Milwaukee i only saw two Asians other than myself and my family - and they were tourists!

My visit to Wisconsin was pleasant.  I got to see my sister and brother in law for the first time in 5 years or so, and it was heart warming.  I stayed for about 5 days and did pretty much everything there is to do there.  The flight took about 3 hours and 30 minutes and thankfully i brought my notebook - so i watched TV shows throughout the entire flight.

I ate like a pig during that week.. homemade food.. lots of wine.. junk food.. frozen CUSTARD!!  I have no doubt i ended up gaining some weight.  Some of the highlights of the trip were the tourist attractions that we visited.

More after the break..

Milwaukee Art Museum

I don't run around to art museums much.  I've been to MOMA and the Ghetty Museum for the Leonardo and Michelangelo collections since they are my 2 fav artists.  MAM was not bad.. even though it didn't have anything i was particularly interested in.  The building wasn't that fascinating.. since it doesn't even begin to compare with the Ghetty - but it does have a retracting roof which was pretty cool.







Miller Valley

One of the brewing factories for Miller Brewing Company is located in Milwaukee.  They give you a tour of the entire facility and then free samples of beer!  All for free.






Discovery World

I didn't take many pictures here because most of the exhibits were hands-on-gadgets.  Got to see many interesting toys and inventions.


Safe House

Ever wonder what it would feel like being a spy?  There's a really neat bar called the Safe House which has a theme of Spy's.  The bar itself is hidden and there are no signs outside.  The entrance is a door with no signs, and once inside, it's a small room with absolutely no doors.  You need to figure out the correct switch to open a secret pathway to the bar.  There are also security cameras showing all the patrons inside of the idiots that can't figure it out.



Kopp's

Frozen Custard.. i recommend eating this once a year.  It's very rich in flavor and i bet in calories as well.  But it was delicious.  I had a picture of the custard.. but can't find it.



Saz's

Apparently the best pork sandwich in WI.  It was good.  You can bet there was nothing left on my plate when i was done.



Usinger's Famous Sausage

This place was been in Milwaukee for a hundred years.  Their spicy sausage was really good.




Miller Park - Home of the Milwaukee Brewers

There is a TGIF's inside the ballpark - and it faces the left outfield if i remember correctly.




The Dome

There are 3 Dome's that harbor different climate temperatures in order to grow different plants and ecosystem.  The first was a rain forest amazon, second was a desert, and third was a mild climate flower paradise.







Sprecfier Brewing Co

Don't go here.  It's like $10 per person for the tour and they only give you 3 samplers at the end.  Miller Valley is free and has much more to see.






Michigan Lake

Cold.. Beautiful.. Blue.. i think it would have been much better to visit during the summer.  It was just extremely cold/windy when we went.



Pusha!

My sister's 10 year old Shitzu.  I held her in my hands ever since she was a few months old.  She is not 77 dog years old! Ack!  Still so cute.. and listens to me when i have a doggy treat in my hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment