Thursday, September 10, 2009

Moview Review: 500 Days of Summer

Watched 500 days of summer. This was one of those movies i'd like to buy on DVD.. heard a lot of good reviews from friends and i must say it was one of those movies that exceed your expectations. Especially for ppl who recently had their hearts broken it's a rather nice movie. I couldn't stop reflecting the movie upon myself and looking at the things that were similar. A little too similar if you ask me.. and it freaked me out at one point.

How many ppl do you know dated someone for a few years, only to break up and find out that the person you thought loved you gets married to someone else in less than a year? Maybe my situation isn't as uncommon as i thought? But some one liners from the movie really moved me:


"The person you thought was 'the one'... I don't think she was the one"

Yes - that is probably the most encouraging words i have ever heard. Better than, "there are more fish in the sea" and "you were too good for her anyways". She just wasn't the one - for you.

"The best way to get over a girl is to make her into Literature"

Yes - write out your feelings down and let it all out. I wondered if i could write a story about my life and make it into a movie as this one and make a shit ton of money. Wasn't the lead male actor that kid from "3rd Rock from the Sun"? He was great. I also thought what are the chances that this kind of movie appears at this particular time in my life.. the odds..

"Roses are red, violets are blue... Fuck you, whore!" - from one of Tom's greeting cards

I LoL'ed really hard when i heard that. Tom was such a character i could relate to. Been talking to a few ppl about why there are guys that are players. You know, the guy who doesn't commit and cheats. Well - it's probably cuz of the situation shown in the movie, they don't want to get fucked over first. They'd rather be the ones to fuck with you and not get emotionally attached. One day, the girl will shit on the guys face (yes literally) - and the guy knows that. So why not do it first? It's the longer end of the stick that way and you get less hurt.

Blah - sorry this entry is all unorganized. I'm just writing random thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment