Wednesday, February 20, 2013

More RAM Please!

I have been debating on getting a new laptop since last year. Never got around to it because the one i'm using right now still works fine. I just wanted something beefier with an updated graphics card. Around January, I noticed my computer being very slow after closing certain programs such as Photoshop which take up lots of ram. I thought it was just my computer being old, but I also believed it was because the computer was using up the entire 2gigs i had, and making up the difference from the HD cache. I figured a $70 investment on a 4gig ram made more sense than cashing out $1,200 for a new laptop. Also updated my nVidia drivers and behold - fast computer again.

Closing programs, alt-tabbing, all go much smoother now. I'm running Win7 32-bit so technically the system only registers 3.5gb of ram, but it still makes a HUGE ~~~ difference. Very happy with the upgrade considering it only cost $70.

Currently running a Dell Inspiron 1520.
2.2ghz Intel Dual Core
4gb 800mhz DDR2
120GB HD
nVidia 8600GT

Still runs like a champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment