Wednesday, September 26, 2012

iPhone 5


I think sometime in July 2010 I was waiting for the much anticipated iPhone4 to come to Verizon. AT&T pretty much had a stronghold on the Apple products and i did not want to switch carriers. There were rumors that Verizon would get their hands on the device but after a few months of waiting it never happened. So, since i needed a smartphone - i ended up just getting a Motorola Droid X in August 2010.

Sometime in January 2011, Verizon finally announced that they would indeed get the iPhone4 in their smartphone lineup. By this time I had to wait 1.5 years to upgrade my phone. :(

By the time i was able to upgrade my phone, iPhone4S had already come out but I figured i should wait for the iPhone5 since I wanted LTE. So the waiting game begins again. And so, after waiting a good 2 years - I finally upgraded to the iPhone 5. It arrived at my doorstep yesterday and I was pretty excited.

My first iPhone.

Pros:

1. Awesome feedback from the touch screen. Responsive and very accurate to the touch.
2. Screen is beautiful and full of colors. Retina display is amazing, but considering i can only compare it to the Motorola it's not saying much.
3. Front facing camera, i can take self portraits w/o having to guess if i'm taking a centered photo.
4. Facetime. Wow.. over wifi it's really awesome.
5. Speed - the phone is fast.
6. Speakers. The motorola had speakers on the back of the phone and it created problems when playing videos because i could not hear a damn thing. iPhone has speakers on the bottom of the phone and it's loud.
7. Battery life. It was at 70% 18 hours ago. It's currently at 24% with heavy usage.

Cons:

1. Phone is really thin. Sometimes when i try to pick it up from a flat table - it's hard. LOL. This makes me think i should get a case. But i hate cases cuz it makes the phone bulky and sometimes ugly. Ironic isn't it? I kinda understand why Samsung decided to curve their S3.
2. No widgets. I liked seeing a list of upcoming schedules on my phone.
3. Newsstand icon that doesn't seem to go away..
4. No Picasa Gallery. All my photos are there.. so i am stuck using the web browser version for now. Or, i need to switch to iClouds.


Overall the phone is great so far. There is def. more getting used to, but it's easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment