Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Property Owner's Notification

So i got this in the mail today:



What the heck right? I don't remember loosing anything, or reporting anything stolen. Anyways, the curiosity got the best of me so i called the number listed on the letter. A guy answers the phone, obviously with a Hispanic accent, but i have no idea what his saying. His English was very poor and didn't enunciate his words properly.

Anyways, i asked him what the item was, and he replies that it's a keychain and keys. Hmm.. yeah i don't remember losing any keys. However, considering they somehow knew to mail me this notice must mean there was a type of identification on the keys that proved they were mine. I was going to be in the LA area today so i called and asked up to what time i would be able to stop by to pick up the item. The guy tells me 11:30pm. Ok great, my appointment in LA ends at 4pm, so i'll just head over there.

First things first. Traffic in LA. I forgot how awful it was. Took almost 34 minutes to go 15 miles (LA to Van Nuys). I arrived at the Van Nuys Police Station around 6pm. I tell the desk clerk about my situation and give him the letter. He calls someone in the back and then tells me:

"My boss told me you have to come back between the hours of 8am and 3:30pm."

WTF. Seriously. WTF. I then tell him that i spoke to an officer over the phone that told me i could pick it up anytime until 11:30pm. I also mentioned i lived in Bellflower which is a good 50 miles from Van Nuys.

"Sucks for you. But there's nothing else i can do."

Okay.. i was pissed. Not at the clerk, but at the hispanic officer that answered the phone and gave me BS info. The drive back was hell. It took 2 hours getting home and i sat through stop and go traffic.

Why doesn't it surprise me that this happened? Bunch of stupid BS redtape that no one cares to take care of. At this point however, i am still curious what the items are. Keys? What keys? Maybe it's a key that opens into a bank safe loaded with 1 million dollars. LOL. I have until February to claim it, but i don't plan on making that trip anytime soon. Maybe if i happen to go to LA..

No comments:

Post a Comment